Fun-bots - TDM - AI - Bots for BF3-VU

Do the bots only work on TDM or will they work on other game modes with the trace set?

You can record paths in every gamemode. But there is no logic to switch paths or go to target-locations jet.
Maybe there will be in the future.

Thats a good Idea. I can add it in a future versionā€¦ Right now you can disable that the bots spawning on levelstart in the config.lua.

im curious how the bots move, do you think if we could figure out how to get a navmesh on the level we could use the ai from the campaign?

edit. nevermind, read up on the docs and dev posts on original ai and the difficulty. you are doing a great job. love that we already have some servers up with fun bots to play with, thanks so much for making this.

also im looking into the coding backend of everything so maybe i can help code some basic ai functions eventually, you have done the hard work with getting them to aquire and shoot at targets though so kudosā€¦

Thank You! Would be great if you join the coding :slight_smile:

Is included in the new release :wink:

1 Like

Works great :slight_smile:

Please for the love of god add an option to enable/disable the bots jumping while moving.

Also for some reason I canā€™t get the password to work.

Do you save temp or save normal? If you havenā€™t set a password in the confi.lua at first you cannot save a new password, because then any player could lock you outā€¦

Do you think you could add what modes are compatible for each map? Like which modes have the waypoints?

TDM and TDM CQ. These are the gamemodes that are accepted right now. But you can record the paths for any gamemode.

I save normal not temp and yes I have set the password in the config

So hereā€™s an annoying bug. When I restart my server, the bots seem to break and wont attack. Any ideaā€™s as to why this happens? Didnā€™t happen with the last version.

1 Like

Ive set the modes for the XP levels to either regular or close quarters tdm and they dont physically spawn in. The scoreboard says there their but no shooting or actually seeing them.

Can you describe what you do? I restart my servr all the time with no problems at allā€¦
Do you have any error-log?

What does the server say if it loads the level? Does he load paths?
Can you send me a sreenshot of your server-output on levelstart?

This Map is not supported right now. But you can create your own paths on it and save them. This should work. Or have you already created the paths?

Iā€™ve gone as far as reinstalling the mod and it still doesnā€™t work. Maybe its my server host or something. Password thing still doesnā€™t work. When I restarted the server on a previous version, it would work fine but for some reason this version it breaks the mod. Like I said it could be my host.