999 ping on house dedicated server

Hi, i have create a server in my house, i have opened ports and everybody (except me) see the server ping at 999. How can fix it?

Allow ping/icmp in your firewall.

Done!
tomorrow i ll try. I need a 3ª person to check it
thank you very much

Just give us a server name so we can join on yours.

I have a similar issue. When hosting multiple servers on my root server, only one of them is displayed with the correct ping in the server list. This is only an issue, when i have more than one of my servers in the server list when refreshing. Maybe it could be fixed by grouping servers by ip and then pinging each ip only one?

After half a day of googling i figured some things out:

My router (FritzBox 7530), much like many consumer grade routers, has an ICMP limit (ddos protection). ICMP is the protocol used in ping requests. Every client who opens the server browser sends a ping request to every server. Most of the pings simply stay unanswered.

Most routers dont have the ability to turn of the rate limit, so you wont be able to host your VU server without a 999 ping in the server browser. The ingame ping is calculated via a different protocol, which doesnt get blocked.

We are hosting multiple other game servers without any ping issues. They just dont use the standard ping procedure. At this point there is no way for people with such a router to host a VU server without 999 ping, as long as the standard protocol is used. There could also be a placeholder ping, which is estimated by the server browser master server?

i have tried all. And none can see real ping…
I have an ont router… i will search other solutions.
thx for the answer