Cannot link server to my origin account

Hello Guys,

I’m trying to host VU on my linux server. Followed your tutorial, and now I’m at the point, where I have to connect vu with Origin. I always get this error message
wine /data/vu/client/vu.com -gamepath /data/bf3/ -activate -o_mail EMAIL -o_pass PASS
Please wait while your game is being activated. This process can take up to one minute…
Failed to activate game. The specified credentials could not be validated.

I dont know whether it are special characters in my password, that breaks this or something else. On my dekstop pc I can login with these credentials, no problem at all.

Is it a problem, that I want to use the same credentials I use for playing as well as for hosting? Dont tell me I have to buy another copy of bf3 on another origin account and use this for hosting, this would be hilarious

Fixed it by creating a new origin account and buying the game again. guess I can give the account to one of my friends who doesn’t allready play own game

would still be happy to investigate this issue - if there is a possebility to log the authentificaton process, to see the request that is sent would be helpfull. Then I’d look if the password gets send like i typed it or if there is some modification happening. Maybe the API Response would also be helpfull, maybe origins wants some verification bullshit or captcha?

I’m not sure what happened in your case, but it’s absolutely possible to use the same account for playing and hosting a server.
Sometimes Origin is just acting up and needs a restart.

Do you have 2FA enabled on your Origin account?
I just encountered the same problem. But I do not see it at the moment to pay for the game again, if this is currently only a bug of the server.

No 2FA is not activated, and only special sign in my pw was $ still bambuzled what the problem could be

Try using double quotes on the origin credential parameters.

Does not help, unfortunately. :frowning:

$ is a special character on most linux shells so you’ll need to escape it appropriately (you can google on how to escape characters for the specific shell you’re using).