FPS Issues with BF3 after VU install

First I want to say this Mod looks great, however I have some serious issue I am trying to solve .

I have BF3 and all DLC’S . I installed VU, linked origin account . When I went to open vu.exe I noticed only 5 frames a sec in menu and very long loading times. Restarted the PC and ran vu.exe , fixed . Average 130fps I play for a while and shut it down. Ran great , nice work !

I switch to play bf3 , I am experiencing massive fps drops to 50. It runs at an average of 130 fps and then at consistent timing it drops to 50fps . I run the Render.DrawScreenInfo ingame command . I see the CPU going from about 6 frames per millisecond , to about 15 frames per millisecond. Looks like a intermittent CPU bottleneck going from 6 fpm to 15 to 6 to 15 to 6 … on and on

BF3 ran very good on my PC with an average of 130 fps @ 1440p But that changed when I installed VU .

This is what I have done so far .

Unistalled vu
Removed bf3 folder in my doc’s
Repair game in origin
Uninstall BF3 Reinstall BF3
Registry Repair
Update GPU Driver
Run bf1 , no issues . 120fps
Run bf5, no issues . 80fps
Clear Origin catch
Windows is up to date,
I ran sfc /scannow
AV windows defender

I inquire to know , when you install vu.exe . Dose it install or modify and files in %appdata% , %users% , or %programdata% folders ?

Is it possible to list all vu installation files installed with folder locations ?

vu.exe obviously uses resources from bf3.exe and I am at a compete loss at why bf3 is unplayable now
I see no driver issues , other games run as they should. My last resort is to reinstall windows and I do not want to do that. If I could get some help to my questions or some ideas from you guys I would really appreciate that.

Happy holidays !

SOLVED ! After spinning my wheels for about 3 hours .

Disabled the Origin In Game overlay feature…

1 Like

I haven’t tried disabling Origin In-game overlay, but I have the same fps problem if I connect a controller (such as an xbox controller). Maybe try disabling the controller if you have one hooked up?

yah that sounds like a driver issue with the controller , I would search installation of the driver for that controller to make sure you have the latest driver for that , you can also use event viewer , if you see
“!” in yellow this means driver issue. If not , plug in controller, find it on the list , right click, update driver.