No Bad Filter

Client Side - This means that only your game is affected by the changes of this mod.

Description

No Bad Filter overhauls the post processing & lighting effects of the base game maps to achieve a more realistic & natural look.
As all Battlefield players will most likely know, DICE tends to overuse post processing effects, this mod will fix it.
All base game maps are overhauled!
No ENB, ReShade, SweetFX etc. used, so no FPS loss!

This mod modifies & affects only the base game!

All screenshots were created with the highest graphics settings & bloom disabled.

Features:

• No bad filter/color grading
  • No washed out look
  • More realistic & natural look
  • Brighter shadows*
  • Reduced bloom
  • No more blinding bright desert & snow maps! Protect your eyes!

*Does not apply to all maps yet.

Please consider supporting me by reporting bugs, giving feedback, making suggestions or endorsing this mod on Nexus Mods if you like it.

Recommendations

• Enhanced Draw Distance by me - Enhances the draw distance & LOD settings of the base game & Vietnam add-on. Up to 16x higher draw distance!
  • Vehicle HUD Overhaul by me - changes a few graphical aspects of the vehicle HUDs. No scanlines, no grain/noise, less drastic color grading & more.
  • No Vietnam Filter by me - Overhauls the post processing & lighting effects of the Vietnam maps to achieve a more realistic & natural look.

For more BFBC2 mods and information, visit the old Venice Unleashed forum!

Requirements

Installation

Client

1. Open BFBC2 Mod Loader and click “Install Mod”
  2. Choose the mod (.zip archive) and let the tool install it
  3. That’s it, enjoy!

Optional To get the same result as in the screenshots, you need to disable bloom!

1. Navigate to C:/Users/YourUserName/Documents/BFBC2/ and open settings.ini with a text editor
  2. Change “Bloom=true” to “Bloom=false”, save the file and close the text editor
  3. Right click settings.ini → Click Properties → Tick Read-only → Click Apply and then click OK

Permissions

• Do NOT sell my mods or parts of it!
  • Do NOT (re)share my mods on Nexus Mods or other sites without changing something on it!*
  • If you use my mods as a base for your mods, I would be happy about credits.
  • If you want to use my mods as an addition for your mods or (server) modpacks, please contact me first.
  • Feel free to share pictures or videos about my mods, but credits would be nice here too.
  • You are allowed to modify my mods in any way for your personal use.
  • You are allowed to create patches, fixes, add-ons etc. for my mods.*²

*Changes must be major! For example: You are NOT allowed to simply change a small value that basically does not change anything!
*²My mods must be a requirement for your mod. Do NOT provide my complete mod with your patches, fixes, add-ons etc.!

If you need specific permissions not listed here, don’t hesitate to contact me.

My mods are exclusive to Nexus Mods!

Credits

• Frankelstner & rukqoa for the “Mod Tools”
  • DICE & EA for the game “Battlefield”

Disclaimer

Since BFBC2 Mod Loader modifies two game files directly, there is always the risk of a BAN! I use client-side modifications (cosmetic stuff only) on official servers (Punkbuster protected) as well as on Nexus Emulator/Project Rome servers for a long time without any problems. Even the official servers are modded as hell, so I don’t expect a ban in the future. I am still NOT responsible for any BAN you get, so use this mod on your OWN RISK!

Download on Nexus Mods!

No direct download link, you will be redirected to the main page of this mod on Nexus Mods.

Note: Requires an account on Nexus Mods to download which is completely free!