Ocassional VU Crash with specific mods but shows no crash / debug/ error log info

Hey, I’m trying to troubleshoot Vu crashes that only happen with specific modules.
The problem is that I see no errorlog or crash info when the crash happens.
I tried running with -debuglog and -trace but that only generates and almost empty logfile with no errors. Only some very basic normal info.
Whats the best way to debug the crashes? Thanks

No at this point, there are many kind of silent crashes, you can try sending the crash id and the info to this channel and mentioning the way you got crashed.

Hi, thanks. The problem is that I dont get any crash Id window or popup. VU just vanishes on crash to the desktop.

Was a dmp file generated? Check here: %localappdata%\VeniceUnleashed\dumps

Hi Lujara, no files inside the dumps folder. If I use the -debuglog y -trace option, the log is generated but it’s almost empty.
Thanks
Gevi

VU doesn’t provide user friendly crash information. To solve the issue you need to find what mod is causing the unwanted behavior on your server and contact the mod creator. Providing information about how to reproduce the crash will help the mod developer to find the cause of the issue.

Any suggestions on getting crash info from vu? I already know what mod causes my game to crash when spawning. it’s vucompass, one of the most used mods in vu servers from what I see in the servers list.
I’ve contacted the mod creator but he cant duplicate the crash and I cant seem to generate crash or errorlog info. According to the mod creator when vu crashes it should show a window or dialog crash id but that never happens. Vu window just silently disappears to the desktop. I only managed to see a crash id window when I run vu as dedicated server with an incompatible mix of mods. But not from the client side. Any ideas? Thanks

You can ask the mod developer to create a minimal version of the mod that hopefully does not crash for you and then try to find the part of the mod that causes the crash.

However, since the mod appears to work fine for other people, it might be related to some overlay you’re using? Like Origin or Discord overlay.

Also, try deleting the compass mod from %localappdata\VeniceUnleashed\mods%