For developing mods, you’ll need a local unlisted server to test with. Assuming you’re on a Windows PC with VU already installed, this guide shows you how.
- Generate a server key on this page: https://veniceunleashed.net/keys
Name is something sensible e.g. “Mod dev key”
- Open Powershell from the start menu
cd $env:APPDATA\..\Local\VeniceUnleashed\clientand press Enter
.\vu.comand press Enter. This command will fail, but it will create the folder structures used by the server.
- Download the “server.key” you created earlier from the key management page and save it to
- Now run:
.\vu.com -unlisted. This will run your local server - keep the Powershell window open or the server will die!
- Copy the Server ID from the key management page: https://veniceunleashed.net/keys
- Open VU and select your soldier. Open the console using the " ` " key and type
connect <guid>- replace
<guid>with the server ID you copied earlier by pressing Ctrl-V
- Success! You now have a modable local server. To stop the server, press Ctrl-C in the Powershell window.