[Tool] BFBC2 Mod Loader

Description

BFBC2 Mod Loader allows you to install your client & server side mods easy & fast without modifying or replacing original game files, so you don’t need to waste time for creating backups of your files anymore. To make this possible I modified two tiny text files of the game that specifies the fbrb. archives which are to be loaded by the game. With BFBC2 Mod Loader installed the game loads a few additional fbrb. archives which are located in BFBC2 Root\package\mods. My tool manages these archives and installs mods to it.

Works with Singleplayer, Multiplayer & Vietnam Add-On!

Features:

• Easy & fast installation of BFBC2 Mod Loader compatible mods
  • Modifies only a few mod archives instead of ~1000 original game archives
  • Does not modify original archives/files except two tiny text files
  • Detects conflicts and blocks installation so you don’t mess up your mod archive
  • Disable & enable all mods and revert modified files back to original without deleting all mods
  • A server and map browser that let you easily download and install custom maps
  • UI for managing your mods (enable/disable and delete single mods, change load order etc.)

BFBC2 Mod Loader is completely open source! The source code can be found on GitHub.

Please consider supporting me by reporting bugs, giving feedback, making suggestions or endorsing this mod on Nexus Mods if you like it.

For Modders

The easiest and fastest way to create mods is by using BFBC2 Toolkit. Instructions will follow soon. (recommended)

You can also create mods manually by using the mod templates located under “Miscellaneous Files”. (not recommended)

To learn how to create mods make sure to check out the old Venice Unleashed Forum & Napisal’s Youtube Channel.

For Server Owners

If you have mods installed on your server and would like your server to be added to the server browser of this tool, please contact me here, on Nexus Mods or directly via Discord: Heico#5562.

Known Issues

No known issues yet.

PathTooLongException - This is a limitation of Windows and not a bug of BFBC2 Mod Loader.

If you find a bug, don’t hesitate to report it on Nexus Mods or GitHub!

Compatibility

Not compatible with mods that are modifying “package.mft” or “bundleManifest”, but they can be made compatible by either modifying the “package.mft” and “bundleManifest” or by repacking the mod like described in the section “For Modders” above. I may add a tutorial soon™.

Compatible Mods:

For more BFBC2 mods and information, visit the old Venice Unleashed forum!

Requirements

Installation

For a video tutorial click here.

Client

1. Copy all files and folders to your BFBC2 root folder. (where BFBC2Game.exe is located)
  2. Execute “BFBC2ModLoader.exe” and click “Install Mod” to install a compatible mod.
  3. That’s it, enjoy!

Server

1. Copy all files and folders to your server root folder. (where Frost.Game.Main_Win32_Final.exe is located)
  2. Execute “BFBC2ModLoader.exe” and click “Install Mod” to install a compatible mod.
  3. That’s it, enjoy!

Note: If you have both client & server you also need to install the tool for both.

To avoid confusion, I recommend to create a shortcut for both exe files and rename them to “BFBC2 Mod Loader Client” & “BFBC2 Mod Loader Server” for example. Only install client mods to client and server mods to server or it will cause issues and mess up your mod archive!

Tip: The title of my tool tells you if it is in client or server mode, so you always know which exe file you have opened.

Permissions

BFBC2 Mod Loader is licensed under GNU General Public License v3.0, so the rules of this license apply.

Make sure that you have read and understood the license.
By using the program and/or its source code you accept to the license agreement.

If you have any specific questions, don’t hesitate to contact me.

My mods are exclusive to Nexus Mods!

Note: Different rules apply to third party content, see …\BFBC2ModLoader\Docs\Licenses or the licenses below.

Credits

• Frankelstner for his Python script which packs the .fbrb archive. Without his work in the BF Community “BFBC2 Mod Loader” would not be possible!
  • Napisal & bad .baubau for all the time they invested to figure out how Frostbite works. Without them I would not even know about BFBC2 modding.
  • Yasirkula for providing the code of his FileDownloader class, which my tool uses to download large files from Google Drive.
  • Danny Beckett for providing the code of his IniFile class, which my tool uses to handle ini files.
  • Icons8 for providing several icons, which my tool uses for some buttons. (license)
  • MahApps.Metro library © 2019 MahApps for expanding WPF’s design possibilities (license)
  • ControlzEx library © 2015-2019 Jan Karger, Bastian Schmidt (license)
  • Microsoft for the development environment “Visual Studio”.
  • DICE & Electronic Arts for the game “Battlefield”.

Disclaimer

Since this tool modifies two game files directly, there is always the risk of a BAN! I use client-side modifications (cosmetic stuff only) on official servers (Punkbuster protected) as well as on Nexus Emulator/Project Rome servers for a long time without any problems. Even the official servers are modded as hell, so I don’t expect a ban in the future. I am still NOT responsible for any BAN you get, so use this tool on your OWN RISK!

I’m not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Electronic Arts or DICE, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates. The names Electronic Arts and DICE as well as related emblems, images, marks and names such as Battlefield and Frostbite are registered trademarks of their respective owners.

Game files or any other form of copyrighted materials will NOT be shipped with this tool! Everybody must provide the game files on his own. I do NOT support piracy in any way, so if you face issues, first make sure that you own a legal copy of the game!

BFBC2 Mod Loader © 2020 Nico Hellmund is licensed under GNU General Public License v3.0.

Download on Nexus Mods!

No direct download link, you will be redirected to the main page of this mod on Nexus Mods.

Note: Requires an account on Nexus Mods to download which is completely free!