[VU-MapVote] [GUI] Allow players to vote for the next map

Loving the MOD, I have one issue with it though - if nobody votes for a map the last map in the server rotation is loaded, every time, instead of the next map in the server rotation.

Iā€™m using this mod and it works fine, but bots doesnā€™t spawn on the next maps, they only work on the first match. Can anyone shine me a light? Im not a developer and Im pretty new here

1 Like

hmm, isue here, after voting a map, it doesnt switch to the selected mapā€¦

1 Like

This is just what I was looking for ! However the map vote never triggered. Using ā€œvu-mapvote-masterā€ 16/01/21.

Mapvote ist viel wichtiger

Is there a limit to the total number of maps that can be in MapList.txt? Iā€™ve currently got a very large list, nearly every map and gamemode, and Iā€™ve noticed that entries towards the bottom of the list are never available to vote from, despite having dozens of games run.

My MapList.txt is not in random order, it is in order by game mode, and since every map has a TDM game mode, there are more TDM maps than any other game mode in my MapList.txt. Numerically speaking, one would expect TDM to show up in the map vote more often than any game mode if the map vote was random. However, not one TDM vote has appeared after dozens of games, and neither have any of the game modes below TDM. The mapvote seems to only allow for voting from the top half of my very long MapList.txt

@X-RayAllex did you edit init.lua (Server\Admin\Mods\vu-mapvote\ext\server) config [ā€œlimitā€] = xx ? I have 44 maps/mode and everything is fine.

I get this error but everything is in the right places.

Is there a way to vote on the very first map?

Unfortunately causes my game to crash when switching maps(server sometimes stays up), may be caused by also having fun-bots installed alongside it. Without this mod my game switches maps just fine.

Can you add coop and single-player game maps?

Is there a way to get this mod to work with the funbots mod without it crashing the game at the end of the match? Would love to use this alongside funbots.

1 Like

hello, im new to this modding stuff with BF3 :slight_smile:

How do I start the manual vote with the command mapvote.start? If I type in the console it returns Invalid command.
Please help :slight_smile:
Thanks

Iā€™m having this same issueā€¦crashes as soon as the map vote begins at end of round. Iā€™m also running funbots as well.

Iā€™m new too (like yesterday was my first day trying to get all this to run). What I found out by trial and error is that nobody seems to clearly mention in all their instructions that you cannot type directly into the game console, as you are finding, since it wonā€™t work.

Most of them neglect to mention the most important aspect of getting all this working is that you need to install Procon.

Procon has itā€™s own console which you need to use to type in whatever commands you want. It runs on the desktop, in the background so youā€™ll be alt-tabbing back and forth as needed, in & out of the game.

1 Like

Iā€™ve updated some of the code for the Voting Mod which seems to be working for us. Recently updated it to work with more than 100 maps. Previously updated it for reasons I canā€™t remember, but something wasnā€™t working just right for us. I tried to add comments in the segments of code which was altered.

We use ProCon with our fun bot server setup. Server name is SFK Gamer.

Adding it here in case it may help others.

The edited file is found in this location on our serverā€¦
Mods\vu-mapvote\ext\server\__init__.lua

Attached Edited File
init.lua|attachment (9.0 KB)

1 Like

You have to enter the values yourself in startup.txt, for example:

mapvote.randomize true (default true)
mapvote.limit 15 (default 15)
mapvote.excludecurrentmap true (default true)