Darkness Unleashed - A true dark night mod and more [V1.0.0] [V1.0.9 in Testing]

Hi!

For me it´s still in the development plan :stuck_out_tongue:. (See Planned Features: “Voting System for Time Presets”) (You can generally keep track with development here: https://trello.com/b/r42IB7OR/darkness-unleashed :wink: )

Currently on the live build you can change the according time preset in the settings file. This is the same for the testing build, but only works properly if you disable the day/night cycle.

Change the presets here:

On the testing build you can use all the mentioned Presets: “Morning, Evening, Night”
The live build supports all the mentioned presets inside the settings file.

Keep in mind - if you use the testing build you currently have to set all maps to “Night” if you are using the day/night cycle else it will look weird or break - we will fix that until the full release & create tutorials for setup etc.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info.
Only looked at the Github information so completely missed that bit about the voting system in the first post. My bad! :see_no_evil: :blush:

Have just combined your mod (night mode) with the zombie mode of fun-bots. Great fun :smile:!

1 Like

Yes! Darkness Unleashed works really well with fun-bots zombies! :slight_smile: You should also check out More Gore - More blood & gore effects for VU by @powerchopper and https://github.com/GreatApo/vu-greatmods/tree/main/Bot-Civilianizer by @GreatApo which also add a lot to the mode :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the tips. Like the idea of piling up bodies with the More Gore mod.
Bot-Civilianizer looks like a great mod too, but would take the fun away for me, as I sometimes switch, blend in with the zombies and add an extra challenge to my friends while I try to eat their br…uhm… take their tags. :smirk:

The More Gore mod, might actually make it more fun on night maps as I can hide myself easier while I sneak my way towards my friends while being prone. :grin:

2 Likes

But can you destroy all the light bulbs in the metro? Pitch black Operation Metro, go-go!

1 Like

there should be a way to make them destructable or just make em off ^^ but thats not a priority haha :smiley: maybe in the long run

1 Like

How’s it going guys, how’s the development going?

1 Like

Hey! Sorry for the late answer. Didn´t have internet for some time. Our team is currently focused on VEManager (a module for Reality Mod and for all other Visual Environment tasks). Once RM releases i will come back and completely rewrite the Darkness Unleashed code to use the VEManager system and finish up the WIP Features like the NV-Goggles and Vehicle Lights and add all the other requested improvements i have listed. :smiley:

1 Like

Ow that’s awesome to hear, thanks for replying and best of luck :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Kickass mod, man… it really gives a nice touch to the maps… reminds me to Black Ops Cold War where u got 2 versions of Miami map on multiplayer (night & day)… You’d first think it’s nothing but… kinda makes u replay all the maps… and those NV goggles… thumbs up, man… keep it up.

1 Like

Quick question… does this mod work on “Tehran Highway” map? Since it’s a night map by default… I tried the mod by putting “morning” preset but… it remained the same…

LIVE-WIP Version should work on all maps same as LIVE Version. But LIVE-WIP currently only features Night Presets. We are still working on the new Darkness Unleashed Version which should be finished this week.

1 Like

Oh… good to know, man… Let’s wait then…

how do i adjust the day/night cycle correctly? i do it in ext/shared/settings…but it breaks it every time no matter what value i change and it wont fix till i re-download it…then im back to the very quick cycle…i enjoy the live version but the test version is what i really want to work properly…want them starry nights and headlights…plz halp!

contact me on Discord IllustrisJack#5355 - i´ll be able to help you more easy over there :slight_smile:

i cant discord until i get a mic…none of my shish works…still interested but on hold for finacial reasons…i dont want to waste on a crap mic…but dont have enough for good mic if you could just give me a general idea i think i could figure it out…but i just dont know the correct file to change…it would be good to put on the forum as well to help others…its a sick mod but the customizing needs to be more straight forward…i dont even know how to use cinetools or gui…and im sure others struggle as well

local dayNightEnabled = true

-- Uses Day/Night Cycle based on tickets instead of the time settings.

local useTicketBasedCycle = false

-- Use Day --> Night ; Instead of Night --> Day ; in Ticket Based Mode

local day2Night = false

----Only relevant if not in Ticket Mode----

local dayLengthInMinutes = 120

-- Pure night duration in minutes

local pureNightDuration = 45

-- Pure day duration in minutes

local pureDayDuration = 60

still broke darkness unleashed version 9…i got version 5 tho…no day/night but skyboxes! are good enough for now…if you come across a possible reason or solution lmk plz but until then i guess ill settle for this…

running it on the Bflag server, this is so much more fun to anoy others !!