Fun-bots - TDM - AI - Bots for BF3-VU

fun-bots

This is a mod for Venice Unleashed to bring highly configurable and intelligent virtual bots to your Battlefield 3 server.

Do you enjoy our work? Feel free to donate

SUMMARY!

Quite fun to use bots on different maps and gamemodes!

• Bots can walk around and shoot and attack enemy using grenades, RPGs and other weaponry. Which maps are supported?

• Bots can drive all kind of vehicles (on supported maps)

• Need something a bit more? Create your own traces using an easy-to-use trace manager (press F12 in a game)

• And all this, highly configurable to suit your needs using an easy-to-use in-game editor (accessible by pressing F12).

Download it now!

Download the latest version, or if you need some help, we have an up-to-date tutorial on how to install fun-bots on your server, or if you already have an installation of fun-bots and want to upgrade, just click here to see how to upgrade. What has changed?

SPECIAL THANKS!

The fun-bots project was inspired by BotSpawn by Jassent, this mod provides a lot of ways to play and mess with bots. But also a big thanks go to our awesome contributors who spent a lot of their free time on this project.

A big thanks also goes out to the following people

Have a look at it on GitHub:

28 Likes

How do I need to configure my server? My Server restarts in an infinite loop when the bots joined since this makes enough players for a round

Can you pm me your Startup.txt and Modlist.txt? Then I will have a look at.

1 Like

same for me, with the never ending restarts. can I PM you my startup and modlist as well?
thanks in advance and amazing work btw. thanks for this contribute

If you have the min Playercount on default it wont work. Just set
vars.roundRestartPlayerCount 0
vars.roundStartPlayerCount 0
in your Startup file.

1 Like

Can I add some friend bots?

1 Like

You can, but they don’t attack other bots. Use the “Spawn in same team” option.

1 Like

Thanks a lot. was make it able to work with a few tweaks and just d/l the update you made. wow. it works awesome.

I am thinking about how to translate the menu. I try to add Chinese.js in webui and then compile it. UIClient.lua has also been added, but when entering the game, the changes in F12 settings cannot be saved and taken into effect. There are also Chinese garbled problems. Do you have any good suggestions? :grinning:

3 Likes

Can you send me your Language-File? Then I will have a look at and implement it in the master.

Thanks for your reply but do you mean when I join the fight and press “F10”? I did it but I cannot see any friend bots.

Sorry, there is a bug right now with saving bool-values. So the option does not work with the UI. Will be fixed soon.
If you enable the console-commands in the config.lua you can use them to set the “spawninsameteam” var and then spawn some additional bots.

Awesome work.
Can those bots be used for Conquest somehow?
Also any way to make the bots fight each other?(assuming there is bots on both teams)

Maybe some time in future. To make them fight each other the client needs to check if they can see each other. This is really intense calculation, so as long as the raycast is only supported for the clients I will not implement this.
Maybe one day I will try to make them work on Conquest as well, but for now I’m improving on the TDM Version, to get them fully functioning :wink:

Good to know about the restarting issue, I have the same issue. Also when I installed the MOD the menu options are in German. Is there any way to change this?

How do you add more map support?

In the next Version boths things will be fixed. Just go to the config.lua and set the language value to nil, to get English again. You can also use the latest version of the Branch “refactoring-and-tewaking”.
But this version is not really tested jet :wink: …

You can add support for every map yourself. Just record some Traces (Round paths araound the map) and save them. (all in the Trace-Menu).
If you create some cool paths, just send them to me and I can include them in the next release. (They are stored in the mod.db file in the mod-folder).

Works well :slight_smile:

Is it possible to make the BOT’s join the server as people enter the server instead of running all the time?