Human player team balancer required

Hi all i run a bot server (with Joes 1.7.0.7) but i have an issue that the human players are reluctant to swap sides to even the ratio of bots to human players on each team,it ends up where i have to move people to even the balance when game as started which players don’t like either.the game plays a lot better with an even mix on both sides.
can anyone help or point me in the right direction
thanks
cod1909

2 Likes

If there is already a balancer mod out there: Can this mod be modified, to ignore bots? This would be a great addition to the fun-bots-mod…

to be honnest, i didnt find a balancer for VU.
insane balancer and multibalancer both need punkbuster.
however, multibalancer acts slow, and yes, both are for procon.

I realise this is an older post but I stumbled upon on it looking for the same answer. So, I ended up making it myself. You can find the forked version of fun-bot here: GitHub - Venlious/fun-bot: A highly customizable and configurable bot mod for your Venice Unleashed Battlefield 3 server.

If in the future my pull request is accepted, you can update your version of fun-bots and get it that way instead. The pull request is here: Add option to balance players per team by Venlious · Pull Request #228 · Joe91/fun-bots · GitHub

Whenever a new player joins it will check the amount of players on either team and put the new player in the team with the fewest players. Players can still switch teams without it auto-balancing them (so friends can still squad up without a worry).