Fun-bots - TDM - AI - Bots for BF3-VU

Yeah, just increase the BotAimWorsening value in the ext/Shared/config.lua.
In the next RC there will be a functional Settings-Menu in the UI again as well…

1 Like

Does the recoil affected the bots? It seems that the bot can head shot from far away even when im running and jumping

It does, but only a little depending on the Difficulty.

I have changed the BotAimWorsening value to 1 for base and sniper. The games feels much better now. Thank you. BF3 has been collecting dust since i beat the single player. Now I wish I could buy 4 copies of premium edition (me and my family) so we can play botmatch together.

I wish there is a mod like insurgency checkpoint for bf3.

2 Likes

Dear De_Joe-91, this is a nice Mod - Thanks for the bots, now we can play togheter without cheaters :-)!
I have a few ideas maybe to improve this mod, hope you can realize it.

• Add a function to load random waypoints for each bot

• Add a function to walk randomly on the waypoint

• Add a function to “reload/respawn” all Bots by: Single, Squad/Team, Side or all (Sometimes Bots cant release here old waypoint if you play rush an there “stuck” in it)

• Modify the function “BotSpawner:UpdateBotAmountAndTeam”, to enable/disable s_PlayerCount for kick bots by zero players AND there play further.

• Modify the function "self.KickPlayers", to enable/disable it by remove the (BOT_) mark.
    (There is more real feeling if you dont read how kill you by mixed players and bots.)

Hope you can implement this next time, good luck and many thanks!

1 Like

Hi,
If you like you can try to do so on your own and create a pull-request for that.
If you want me to change these things it would help a lot to create more deatiled information about them and maybe create separated issues on github.

Hi i just wanted to say thank you for this amazing mod. This brings back so many memories of fun bot matches in BF2.

1 Like

Здравствуйте! Почему мои боты не ездят на транспорте!? Я скачал последнюю версию этого мода. Помогите пожалуйста!!)) Hello! Why don’t my bots drive vehicles !? I downloaded the latest version of this mod. Help me please !!)) Sorry for my English, I’m from Russia.

only in this map bots can drive vechicles :

• Kharg Island CQ-Small
  • Firestorm CQ-Large
  • Strike at Karkhand CQ-Assault-Small
  • Alborz Mountains CQ-Small
  • Sharqi Peninsula CQ-Large
2 Likes

changelog & downloads link is broken @De_Joe-91

i cant spawn any bot i have no idea what i’m doing wrong
keep getting error failed to open sql

Just visit the discord-server or the GitHub-repo of fun-bots. I have to Update this Page soon but I am away for a while now…
But I just removed the invalid link for the moment.

There is a solution for this problem at the end of the issue.
It’s related to your game-path and special-characters…

I have a big problem, no matter what I do I can’t open the menu to spawn more bots. When I press F12 it always says “U have no permission to open the UI” although I should be admin and the only one who has access to the server. Does it have something to do with the fact that I play the game in German?

You have to set permissions first. Either like discribed here with procon, or with the option in the Config.lua “IgnorePermissions”

Hey there… just got to play ur mod a few days ago… great stuff… it also has bots driving some of the land vehicles… cool… however… wanted to ask a few questions to ya.

See, I made my own private server for matches… the thing is, in my server bots never get points… even when they kill more than me lol… and I’ve seen some YT videos that show points from the bots on the scoreboard… any idea of why is it happening?

And two… what’s exactly the maximum amount of bots u can put in a match…? Coz I tried a match with 24 vs 24… (only me and the bots, meaning 47 bots) and the game crashed in the middle of the match… I managed to play it well with 16 vs 16 but… In maps like “Caspian Border” idk… 16 vs 16 aint cut it for me.

Anyway, thx for this cool mod, if any of u guys know the answer to what I’m asking that would be nice.

1 Like

The thing with the Points is related to VU and depends on the gamemode.

The maximum bots depend on the frequency of the server and if you run the server on the same machine.

1 Like

Thanks… well, I thought the same but I’ve tried several modes actually… TDM, Conquest, Rush… same outcome… bots get kills and deaths on scoreboard… but no points… kinda weird… the bot amount well… I already solved that… now I can play 24 vs 24 matches (60hz server btw)…

I use the same pc for both managing the server and playing in there… only flaws that I noticed are some sort of lagging and rubberbanding in certain parts of the maps (I remember one in particular at some stairs in “Caspian Border”) like invisible walls or something… ur character struggles a lil bit walking those areas and then everything’s cool…

Anyway… I know those stuff take some time… so far u guys are doin it great… I speak for many of us by saying thanks and… we cannot wait till u guys can make the bots use flying vehicles… then this mod would be sick af… thx and keep it goin’…

1 Like

This is what I meant… no points for the bots… only for me… kinda weird… and some gameplays that I’ve seen on YouTube have that issue too… some don’t… but the dudes I’ve asked about it have no idea about why it happens…

Nevermind… I found the solution… The bots will show points on scoreboard only if they’re spawned by using the mod menu… See, I usually set them in the “config” file from the mod (cleaner setup if u ask me)… but only the bots that I spawned by using the mod menu (u know, f12) gained points on the scoreboard… the ones from the config file… 0 points all the match… anyway… problem solved… now let’s have some fun in the battlefield!!!