Fun-bots - TDM - AI - Bots for BF3-VU

I already work on this. Maybe this will not be needed anymore soon.
Reirei found out, that this is not needed anymore. As quickfix: Just remove line 36 in ext/Client/ClientBotManager.lua. (This line: WeaponModification:ModifyAllWeapons(Config.botAimWorsening, Config.botSniperAimWorsening);)

3 Likes

With the new master on Github you can use (nearly) all weapons for the bots and the thing with the crosshair is fixed :wink:

1 Like

Still loving this like madā€¦
But found that on Gulf of Oman (XP1_002), the bots spawn high above the map and then just drop down.

As weā€™ve set botCanKillHimself = true, they instantly die when they hit the ground.

Tried to change distanceToSpawnBots and heightDistanceToSpawn but without much luck.
Seems like the routes on said map is broken.

1 Like

You are right. It seems like the paths on this map are broken. Donā€™t know how this happened, but I will fix them soon. If you disable the bots ā€œjumping while attackingā€ the should not fall of the buildings I thinkā€¦ But you can also just record new traces on this map and save them.

Thanks Joe.
I believe we already have jumping while attacking disabled but problem isnā€™t so much that they jump off the building but rather that they spawn a couple of hundred meters in the air and canā€™t figure out to deploy their parachutesā€¦ Instead they just face plant into the ground :slight_smile:

I havenā€™t played around with recording different routes but maybe now would be a good time to try.

A completely different query: is it possible to have the bots to change their kit during a round, for example set up 2 or 3 different sniper loadouts that would then be selected randomly when the bot spawn?

2 Likes

In the new master I fixed the Paths on Gulf of Oman.

If you choose RandomWeapon in the Weapon-settings, and select as Bot-Kit ā€œReconā€ you will have a new Recon every spawn. But with all Recon weapons.
Right now if you want to exclude some, you have to Comment them in the WeaponList.lua (shared).
But Just try out the random option. I relally like it :slight_smile:
You can also select how many bots of which class should spawn.
And you can select from which weapon-set the bots choose from. In your case the Class-Weapons will do the job I thinkā€¦

1 Like

That sounds absolutely brilliant, thank youā€¦
Iā€™ll give it a go right away.

Once again, thank you for all your work with this. Really really appreciate it

2 Likes

Gulf of Oman works brilliantly nowā€¦
Having a bit of trouble figuring out the random weapon for bots, but Iā€™ll try a bit more and see if I can figure it out.

1 Like

when i change MapList,it does not work,and it always run MP_Subway(CnquestSmall0)怂i do not know why

If you remove fun-bots from your servers Modlist.txt does the Maplist work correctly?

it does not work too :joy:[quote=ā€œSmartShots, post:113, topic:2286, full:trueā€]
If you remove fun-bots from your servers Modlist.txt does the Maplist work correctly?
[/quote]

Is the maplist located in the rigth place?

C:\Users\Administrator.XTZJ-2021GCKBWM\Documents\Battlefield 3\Server\Admin

Try using the Maplist.txt in the attached zip file instead, just in case itā€™s some weird formatting issue?

MapList.zip (184 Bytes)

1 Like

succeed! As you said ļ¼Œit is a weird formatting issue怂

1 Like

Hey! Iā€™m just dropping my comment here to let you know that this mod is awesome and can truly revive some old dusted servers, mine including. Your effort is truly wholesome. Thank you.

Take care!

3 Likes

I got this problem ealier before , try some other maps above

As itā€™s because of a formatting issue trying another map wonā€™t make any difference.

Itā€™s being caused because of the Unicode text format being used by the text editor that the user is using to create the Maplist.txt file. Presumably because the editor is using a non-English language as default. To fix this the user needs to use a fully English default language text editor to create the file.

Amazing mod ! I traced (gross) waypoints for ConquestLarge on some maps. Where are they stored ? is there a way we can share them ? (and maybe compil them in the future). Waypoints for Rush are a bit messy because after running a whole map tracing, bots spawn on restricted areas.

Btw some suggestions iā€™m sure you already thought : vehicules support, bots using kits (ammo/medkit and so onā€¦) and grenades, proper shooting at each other between bots and a way to fill BOTH teams at once. Maybe for the fun part some random chat from bots.

Keep up the good work. Iā€™m having a blast so far. Thanks a lot.

6 Likes

We will release a new Version (1.6.X) soon. If you like to test and play around with the current state of it, just go for it :-).

Download (updated):

https://github.com/Joe91/fun-bots/archive/V1.6.2.1.zip

If you have any trouble jsut let me know and we can fix it in the release.

Some new features:

• Zombie-mode added
  • All weapons selectable
  • random weapon-selection
  • Support for Domination and Gunmaster
  • First Paths for Conquest Large (Thanks to R3trib)
  • Visible traces (WIP)
  • Preparation for Smart Nodes (WIP)
  • Bot Vision
  • better following of paths
  • Bots attack bots
  • different spawn-modes
  • fixed some stability-issues
  • lots of bugfixes

As this version is not released yet, there might also be some problem we hope to find soonā€¦

7 Likes